The Anthony Slocombe Cookies & (Ice) Cream Sandwich
If you read my article on the McDonald’s Mc10:35, you know that I’m a fan of secret menu items and crazy food collaborations. What you see here is neither secret nor crazy, it’s just fun.
What you see here is a marriage of two Mission staples, Anthony’s Cookies and Humphry Slocombe. This idea (I kid you not) came to me in a dream, in which I imagined eating a Mitchell’s Ice Cream sandwich. Mitchell’s is my favorite ice cream shop, and they make a killer ice cream sandwich with Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. When I awoke, I took it as a sign to eat an ice cream sandwich, but I took it a step further. That is how I came up with The Anthony Slocombe Cookies & (Ice) Cream Sandwich.
The process is simple:
- Buy two Cookies & Cream cookies from Anthony’s Cookies
- Take those cookies to Humphry Slocombe and buy a scoop of Secret Breakfast (corn flakes and bourbon)
- Put ice cream between cookies
- Take a sugar crash-induced nap
Secret Breakfast is my favorite flavor at Humphry Slocombe, and not just because it is made with bourbon! It’s actually very good- you taste the caramel notes of bourbon first, then you feel the odd texture of corn flakes and get a bit more sweetness, then finish with an aftertaste of bourbon. It’s a fun journey you get to take with every scoop.
As Anne wrote in her Anthony’s Cookies review, the cookies & cream is their best flavor, and I agree.
Together, Secret Breakfast and Cookies & Creme make a really sweet duo, both in awesomeness and sugar content. One flavor didn’t overpower the other, but they didn’t complement each other, either. They merely coexisted, and that was perfectly enjoyable.
If you’re into Frankenstein food, check out the Animal Style Taco from the folks over at Food and the City. They took In-N-Out animal style fries and coupled that with carne asada tacos! Epic drunk food, indeed.
Let’s hear some ideas for other potential food collaborations in the comments!
Mitchell’s Ice Cream
688 San Jose Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
Also check out:
Anthony’s Cookies in the Mission Serves Up the Goods; Cookies and Cream Our Favorite
Mitchell’s Ice Cream: A San Francisco favorite since 1953
Street Food Redefined – The Creme Brulee Cart
Gelateria Naia in the Castro; All Natural Gelato
Hot Cookie in the Castro
Sweet Beat: Italian Gelato (in Some Very Un-Italian Flavors) at Marco Polo
Golden Island Cafe: Hong Kong-Style Sago Sweets in the Outer Sunset
Filed under: Feature, The Mission | 1 Comment
Tags: animal style, anthony's cookies, cookies & cream, cookies and cream, humphry slocombe, in-n-out, mitchell's, mitchell's ice cream, secret breakfast, secret breakfast ice cream
- Anchor & Hope Seafood Restaurant in SoMa
- Pacific Puffs – Delightfully Light and Fluffy Sweet Treats In the Marina
- Mangarosa in North Beach – Italian Cuisine with a Brazilian Twist
- Anthony’s Cookies in the Mission Serves Up the Goods; Cookies and Cream Our Favorite
- The Fillmore – A Historic San Francisco Concert Venue
- RT @CuffyMeh: Putin: Excellent. We have him where we want him. Now we play the waiting ga--- BuzzFeed: LEEEEROY JENKINS 3 months ago
- RT @pwnallthethings: These were the statements and the confidence levels of the various agencies from the DNI report. https://t.co/nXRHbqWK… 3 months ago
- RT @tonysheps: Shops in Turkey are letting stray dogs sleep inside at night because it's been so cold! https://t.co/GMp1bkDq3N 3 months ago
- RT @_youhadonejob1: The international sign for "I might make two sandwiches, I'm not sure yet." https://t.co/WYyF6ogaYf 3 months ago
- Princess Leia was the first female hero I looked up to as a child. Carrie Fisher is pop culture royalty, a true bad… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 months ago
- RT @TomWellborn: I can't stop tweeting this. https://t.co/IZEhpdt5s2 4 months ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: "And this is Lord Vader. People say he's a Sith but he prefers the term 'alt-Jedi.'" 4 months ago
- RT @pegaita: me taking breaks from Twitter: https://t.co/YpL31yGtZT 4 months ago
- Got #HamiltonSF tickets. Thanks @annearcelo! https://t.co/0okida8gld 4 months ago
- RT @beingdomino: when you show people a movie you love AND THEY DONT PAY ATTENTION or react to any of the important scenes https://t.co/Ozi… 4 months ago
- RT @NickGreene: *box of corn flakes returns home for winter break after first semester at Bard* https://t.co/3YzegU5Lxk 4 months ago
- RT @dognkitty: I can relate… https://t.co/uiGXF1ITNZ 4 months ago
- bob on Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations in San Francisco Episode Recap
- https://sanfranciscoconcerts.net on Evening Shot of the San Francisco Skyline from Coit Tower
- https://sfevents.cc on The Fillmore – A Historic San Francisco Concert Venue
- enterprises meaning in urdu on How do you know you’re a San Francisco Hipster?
- www.rehtor.net on How do you know you’re a San Francisco Hipster?
sf weekly: sfoodie
cheap eats examiner